Imperial Hotel Kuching is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and takes the matter of protecting your privacy as high priority. This Privacy Statement explains how we protect the privacy of your Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA"). Please note that the Privacy Statement is streamlined with the common principles of data privacy in most jurisdictions although there may be some slight variations due to local requirements.
- Personal information that links back to an individual, e.g., name, gender, date of birth, passport (including biodata page and visa / working permit for Tourism Tax purpose) and other personal identification numbers.
- Contact information, e.g., address, phone number and email address.
- Payment information, e.g., credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, expiry date, CVV number and card issuance bank.
- Travel information, e.g., stay information, flight information, dietary and other service preferences.
- Health information, e.g., medical records and requests.
- Technical information, e.g., IP address.
- Statistical data, e.g., number of guests, and hits to website.
- When making a booking with us, checking-in for a stay, dining in our restaurants and using our in-house facilities.
- Via any online sites operated by Imperial Hotel Kuching and its business partners and contractors.
- Under any other contractual agreement or arrangement.
- Via a third party, e.g., travel agent, online travel agent or our service provider.
Some of the other ways we may collect Personal Data also include (but is not limited to):
- When we communicate with you via telephone, letter, fax and email.
- When you visit our website or one of our business partners and contractors’ websites.
- When you contact us in person
- When we contact you in person.
- When we collect information about you from third parties.
- When you interact with us via social media or interactive applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- From publicly available sources.
- Mobile services.
- Other ad hoc marketing and promotional channels including trade fairs and exhibitions.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and some information and to gather broad demographic information.
Guest Survey Questionnaire
Our Guest Comment Card requires you to give us contact information (e.g. your name, room number, date of stay and email address) so that we can respond to your comments. We use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our hotel. Your contact information is also used to contact you, where necessary. Demographic and profile data are also collected at our site. We use your Personal Data to tailor your experience at our site by showing you contents that we think you may be interested according to your preferences.
Information on Cookies
- To enable us to provide our services and perform our services to you.
- To facilitate your travel (e.g., making a booking) and stay arrangements.
- To facilitate fast and smooth check-in and check-out.
- To be able to process any commercial transaction (e.g., In-room dining, outlet dining and facilities usage transaction).
- To facilitate your participation in any loyalty or guest relation programs of Imperial Hotel Kuching and third parties.
- To send you promotions and information on products and activities, offers to upgrade or other notifications in relation to your room booking.
- To protect the safety and well-being of yourself and/ or other guests.
- To investigate and respond to claims from you.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- To remind you to complete your booking and/ or offer our assistance (in case, for instance, failure to complete due to technical difficulties). This is an optional service. You can choose not to receive these emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each such email.
- To provide in-room dining and other services that best meet your preferences and needs (which we may collect during our interactions with you).
- Marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by Imperial Hotel Kuching and business partners, as well as Imperial Hotel Kuching’s appointed agents.
- Contacting you for product or guest satisfaction surveys and market research.
- For statistical analysis so that we can better understand Imperial Hotel Kuching's guest profile and improve our hotel’s services to you.
- For all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above.
- For online registered customers, you may login to your online account and update your Personal Data.
- For every other customer, you may forward your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where another person makes reservations on your behalf, you undertake and will ensure that you have authorized the disclosure of your Personal Data and consent to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Please note that it is obligatory for us to process your Personal Data, without which we will not be able to make arrangements for you and keep you updated about our future, new and/ or enhanced services and products.
Nonetheless, you may stop receiving promotional activities by:
- unsubscribing from the mailing list;
- editing the relevant account settings to unsubscribe; or
- sending a request to email@example.com
- Credit card verification providers, data warehouse and other third parties in order to process your commercial transactions.
- Legal bodies as permitted or required by law such as in compliance with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Customs, immigration or other regulatory authorities applicable to you.
- Our contractors, service providers, training providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis.
Imperial Hotel Kuching reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken during an event held at the hotel premise, without the express written permission of those included within the photograph/video. Imperial Hotel Kuching may use the photograph/video in social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram etc. To ensure privacy of individuals, images will not be identified using names without the written approval from the photographed subject.
- As and when required under legislation.
- Where legal actions have arisen and are pending.
- Commercial/ operational purposes of Imperial Hotel Kuching.
Do visit our website from time to time for updates on our Privacy Statement.